Monday, May 12, 2008

opinions needed, please







ok, since flickr is having problems, i'll load these pics here and ask for opinions... i'm doing a booth at the blue dome festival this year, and i was trying to think of an interesting way to display the pillowcase dresses and aprons i make.... so i found one of our hammocks and strung it up, but i don't really know how it looks. i likey, but maybe it doesn't really work. please take into consideration that this is in my back yard right now, and i don't have anything else in like the yarns and such, but tell me what you think. good idea, bad idea, and if good, would putting the other hammock on the other side of the tent be overkill?







6 comments:

Brigid said...

I like it. I don't think it would be overkill to put the other one on the other side. Would you use it to hang the same product or something different? If the latter, I think it would look good. Your banner is AWESOME, by the way.

spaz said...

thanks brigid, my brother made that banner for me! i could put the aprons on one side, and the dresses/tunics on the other.... wonder if that would work....

Jaimee McClellan said...

I think it looks nice...I did go to a Fair and saw this adorable Shabby Chic booth with one of those old-fashioned umbrella clothes lines in a patio umbrella stand (to make it sturdy) It looked inviting and like Grandma's backyard in the summer.

High Desert Diva said...

I think a simple rope clothes line would be a better option for you. Another thought for the center of the booth would be a standing square metal clothes line that you could hang more items on.

One thing to keep in mind with shows is that you will (most likely) have booths on either side of you and behind you. I would recommend hanging plain fabric (maybe canvas painter's cloths) all the way down to the ground. This will help distinguish your booth from your neighbors, and keep your items in focus visually.

Your banner is fantastic...your brother did a great job.

Unknown said...

I think it's a bit distracting fomr your lovely work. I think running a couplr of plain clotheslines (or maybe heavy duty twine) between the corner posts would be more streamlines and let your items pop.

I also think having something in the center of the booth would help to, it looks so bare! Do you have any coat racks? Or even folding drying racks to hang some aprons on?

Good luck with the show! :)

spaz said...

there will be lots of other stuff in the booth, tables, and yarn tress and such. i was just trying to get an idea of the sides.....thanks for the input!