Thursday, March 27, 2008

is this what happens when you pay off your car?

So, in February, i paid off my car!! yes, i'm excited at the thought of not having a car payment anymore...this car has never given me a bit of trouble, and while i like it ok, i'm not in love with it. it's a 2003 honda civic, and it's a good car, so i'm hoping that with proper maintenance, she'll last a few more years at least....

so, 3 days after i receive the title from the finance company, i get rear ended.... by a big mofo truck. like dump truck size truck....jump out, just knowing that my car's been totaled or something.... luckily, the dumbass who hit me wasn't really going fast enough to do any damage, so all's well there.

Last night, i'm going down the highway, and there's this pickup in front of me. he's got an open trailer that's he's towing.... he was doing the speed limit and everything, and me, being me, i like to go just a wee bit faster. (hush now, mom!) and something just didn't feel right about being behind him. so i decide to pass. i always turn my head and look over my shoulder, as i don't trust using only the side mirrors (see, mom, you DID teach me well!) so, i put my turn signal on, turn and look, and as i return my eyes to the road, i see two rain gutters coming up out of the trailer, and sailing right towards my car......

sheeeeettttttttttt! they were like 10 feet long, completely over the entire lane that i'm in, and there's nowhere for me to go, and those suckers are flying! one goes under my car, creating quite a bit of noise and bump, and the other hits right in the middle of my windshield, and goes flying up over the top of my car......pull off the highway, change into dry pants and look over the car.

again no damage....

today! i'm out serving peeps, and up about 300 feet in front of me, there's a big 'ole truck full o' dirt.

yeah.

a clod the size of my fist comes flying out and boing, boing, boings it's way right onto the top of my car. sounded like a can of corn bouncing off the roof. i didn't even stop to look.... screw it.

so, whomever is up there trying to jack up my car, i'd appreciate it if you'd cut it out.

now. k, thanks.

and in other news, this handspun is now listed in my shop.... go ahead, buy it. your mom called and said you needed new yarn.....

5 comments:

iSew said...

Oh my gosh! You're a lucky car owner. I was so happy when I paid off my little VW a while ago. What a releif.
Personally, I have a tire curse. We had one plugged recently and about a week later, another nail. My last car had 3 tires replaced in the first year and a half.
(Gorgeous yarn btw)

Rosebud Collection said...

The yarn is beautiful..I will tell you, you made me a wreck reading all that happened with you and the car..
So happy all turned out well..

spaz said...

i'm just glad it was an interesting enough blog for you to actually read it all! thanks!

femputer said...

This is one hilarious post, especially this:
"pull off the highway, change into dry pants and look over the car."

Annie Rose said...

This totally made me laugh out loud, at home, alone. Such crazy car happenings, indeed! LOL Glad YOU are ok. Sheesh!