Sunday, April 6, 2008

spaz is too tired to think of a title

so there.

let me start with a rant, if i may. I HATE LAUNDRY! it should be banned. i hate it hate it hate it.

everytime i turn around there's more of it, growing like mushrooms, staring at me, taunting me, daring me to ignore it with it's beady little eyes. dare me, will ye? by god, watch and see if i don't.

damn it! i've got no clean clothes left. so now i must confront the pile. i can hear it chuckling as i sort it, and as i carry it to the washer, the laughter grows louder and more intense....i'm seeing red by the time i throw it in the drum. i'll drown you, you stinking rotting pile of cotton! oh, is the water too cold? oh you poor, poor things....well let me put it on hot, and we'll see if we can't warm you up. oh wait, let me think about that. no. cold, ice freaking cold is all you deserve and all you shall get. i can hear the laughter becoming a gurgle, gurgle... hee, take that you mofo!

after 20 minutes all is silent... time to put it in the dryer. better yet, lets haul it out and hang it on the line. i can hear it pleading with me - "ouch! don't pinch me against the line so tight!" " hey- i don't want to be next to THAT shirt- we don't look good together", and my all time favorite complaint from the laundry- "if you hang us out here, the birds might crap on us!!!" as if i would rewash????? pfft. whatever.

then comes for me the worst part.... the happy chatter of clean clothes as i carry them in and prepare to put them away. "oh- i had a great time, did you see my tan lines??" "she put that clothespin in the wrong place, and now i've got wrinkles...waaa!" "i smell so good, come closer, don't ya wanna smell me?"

so as they chatter away, i force myself to ignore the goodbyes and see you laters, and all the other crap they have to tell each other, knowing that all too soon, i will have to endure it all again.

ah, laundry day. thank god it's only once a week.

6 comments:

mosey handmade said...

yes. hate laundry. the worst part is: i wash it and dry it--but cannot seem to get it folded and put away- and then it's clean laundry in piles next to dirty laundry in piles and pretty soon it's anyones guess which pile is clean and which isn't.
man- what a person to do?!
your post made me laugh--and feel better!
xo

DECA Candle and Bath said...

LOL - I feel your pain sometimes.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I hear ya. Sometimes I really, really wish I had a dryer. But other times - I really like taking the time to hang clothes out.

woolies said...

I did an experiment last week. Instead of leaving it all for the weekend, I did it periodically during the week. It definitely freed-up my weekend a lot, but none of it got put away properly, and there were still teenagers banging away in the laundry room this morning, opening and closing the dryer, looking for SOCKS.
I give up.
:0(

PS tell your laundry to stop talking!

Tia Colleen said...

oh my gosh you are way too funny! hahah.

xx Tia

Little Pods Clothing said...

I hate laundry too, but I force myself to do it on two designated days per week (Mondays and Thursdays, because I know you HAD to know, haha). I once refused to do laundry.. and ended up with nothing but dirty clothes.. and then it was just daunting, so now- I force myself. Oh the woes of domesticity.